Digital health before, during and after COVID-19 in Europe (who.int)
- Digital health tools hold the potential to improve the efficiency, accessibility and quality of care.
- Before the pandemic, efforts had been made to support implementation across Europe over many years, but widespread adoption in practice had been difficult and slow.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic many digital health tools moved from being viewed as a potential opportunity to becoming an immediate necessity, and their use increased substantially.
- As the pandemic comes under control, if health systems are to retain added value from greater use of digital health tools, active strategies are needed now to build on the current momentum around their use.
- You can download and read the Policy brief: Evidence for European policy makers on the use of digital health tools.