The computer is an electronic device that processes information. With it you can create documents, send e-mails, look up information on the Internet, watch films, play games, and much more.
There are generally two types of computers: the desktop computer and the notebook computer. The biggest and most notable difference is that the desktop computer needs basic external devices in order to function; namely, it needs the computer terminal to be connected to an external monitor (screen), a keyboard and a mouse, whereas the laptop computer has all the devices built in and is, therefore, easily transportable as a complete device that can be used in most environments.
Turning on a desktop computer
Press the power button – usually the largest button on the front of the tower with the power symbol.
Turning on a laptop computer
Open your laptop by separating the top cover from the bottom cover and press the power button on the top of the computer.
Shutting down a desktop computer and a laptop computer
1. Press the button with the windows symbol on the keyboard, or on the screen using the mouse.
2. Click on the shutdown symbol.
1. The monitor or screen: It allows us to visualize what is happening inside the computer. For example, it shows us texts, drawings, movies, games…
2. The mouse: It allows us to give orders to the computer by moving the pointer and clicking where we want.
3. The keyboard: It allows us to give orders to the computer by typing and deleting.
The monitor or screen: It allows us to visualize what is happening inside the computer. For example, it shows us texts, drawings, movies, games…
The computer keyboard is an input device that allows information to be entered into the computer. It consists of many keys, each with a letter, numbers or symbols. In addition to many possible combinations by pressing two or more keys at the same time.
A mouse is a hand-held input device used to manipulate objects on a computer screen. It allows information to be entered into the computer with the help of a pointer on the screen. It is a small object, usually made of plastic, that can be moved on a hard, flat surface.
It usually consists of 3 parts:
1. Left button: It allows selection and interaction with programs and web pages. Clicking this button twice on the icons will open the command to our computer to open the corresponding information. If we click the button on an icon or another element and hold the button down, we can move the element to a different location on the screen. In a text program, pressing it and dragging the cursor across the words or lines highlights the selected content in order to edit it.
2. Center wheel known as a scroll: The scroll wheel is located between the left and right button. With it you can scroll through documents from the top to the bottom and vice versa. The scroll wheel allows you to keep the mouse still and move the cursor around the screen.
3. Right button: It is used to display the options menu of the file or area where the mouse pointer is located. This allows you to have quick access to several actions without having to look for them in the toolbar at the top of the screen. For example, right-clicking on a text document brings up a menu that allows you to change various properties of the document, such as font and size. Right-clicking on a web page allows us to save it or print it, for example.